Friday, November 28, 2008

In Which I Learn A Valuable Knitting Lesson

First off, of course, Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone was at least able to talk to family and/or friends at some point today. I wasn't able to make it home for the turkey-fest this year, but Mom and I still watched the Parade together (sort of. It's hard when you're two hours behind). Then I spent the rest of the day with friends - in real life, on the phone, and online. It was nice. I'll see my parents in about two weeks when they come out for my wisdom teeth thing, and then I'll be in Illinois for almost ten days over Christmas, so there will be plenty of family time coming up, I'm sure.

The reason for the title, however, is CP3. I learned a lesson today - just because one CAN do something doesn't mean one LIKES doing something. Basically, the original plan had two parts: figure out how to do the project and knit the project. Part one: success, and it wasn't nearly as difficult as I'd expected once I finally put my brain to it. Part two: fail. I got about a quarter of the way into it (doing quite well, I might add) and realized I really just cannot bring myself to knit another stitch on it. I don't like working on it, and it takes too much concentration for the time I have left before Christmas. Eventually, yes, I will finish it, but for now, I started a new project that will go much much quicker and will be just as useful.

Other than that, I've been pretty much bored out of my head. Almost a week off with only one night of classes is Way too much free time for me, apparently. And with all the rain, I haven't dragged my Christmas decorations out from the garage yet, although I might tomorrow night if I don't have to call the show. Other than that, I'm planning on spending tomorrow finishing cleaning the apartment, running a couple of errands (some of which involve some Christmas shopping, so please pray for my safety!), supervising a quick dance brushup for the show, and knitting! 26 days left!

No comments: