Thursday, May 14, 2009

So close...

I've had a really crappy couple of days. Mostly due to the lack of income coming into my accounts right now. Then things started to look up...then they crashed again...now they might be maybe getting slightly better again...sigh...I now remember why I hated freelancing. My sleep schedule has gone all wonky again, too (didn't fall asleep until 4:00a this morning, woke up to a phone call at 8:00a, went back to sleep at 10:00a, woke up again at 12:00p), and I haven't been eating very well. Luckily, I have my family and friends to either beat up or cry on.

Eight classes this week. I really felt like I was dragging between kickboxing and haganah tonight, but once we got moving again, haganah didn't feel so bad. My elbow's been bothering me again this week, though. I think that's due to the five billion pushups we've done so far. It's not the same kind of pain, though, which I'm taking as a good sign. It doesn't seem to be swelling up, and doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it used to, which I contribute to Mr. R forcing me to change how I do pushups. It either feels like it needs to pop or it feels stiff and weak. I've been able to do most of the pushups (with the variations) and planks throughout the week, but I really had trouble with a wheelbarrow-style drill tonight where our partners held up our feet and we had to alternate raising each arm. We've done it before and I didn't have any problems, but it really bothered me tonight. Maybe because it was the end of the night and the end of the week, and, as mentioned, I haven't been eating or sleeping particularly well. Like I said, though, it's not swollen and not particularly sore now. I'll give it a rest over the weekend, baby it a bit, and hit class like usual next week. There's a tournament in Bakersfield on Saturday that several of the kids, Sir, Ma'am, and Mr. R are all going to. I had Sir promise to tell me all the stories from it. I really wanted to go and watch and cheer the kids on, but I have that whole class/final presentation thing going on. I'm going to get out of there by 9:30a, though, which wouldn't get me to Bakersfield in time, but would let me get to the dojahng in time to help Mrs. S with the regular Saturday morning classes since the guys will all be gone. She said the class is usually either really full or really empty, but I said I'd at least drop in and check if she needed me.

I've been working on my term paper and presentation. I think I might have everything I need for it, it's just a matter of organizing it and writing the thing. Which would be easier if I didn't have all this financial stress going on. Sigh...almost done....

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I have no advice other than "hang in there."