Friday, July 24, 2009

Change of Plans

Basic got pushed back (right now) to February 22. It seems the higher-ups at Channel Island won't approve the split training option and are saying that I have to do Basic, Space 100 and MILSTAR all consecutively. Since the ONLY Space 100 class is in April, that kind of defines when I go to Basic. And since the MSgt who has been dealing with all my paperwork is on leave until next week, and the TSgt who has been trying to handle things in her absence is really being very helpful but doesn't have quite the pull she does, who knows what's really going on. Right now, Channel Island is saying that as soon as this paperwork is submitted, the February date is all but set in stone. I'll believe that when I see it.

I'm discouraged, but looking on the bright side of things. Sir cackled madly when I told him he'd be stuck with me until February, which has me a bit worried. (Okay, he sympathized with my frustration and claims I'll be "15 steps above everyone else" once I finally get there. Class was a little goofy tonight - just me, Sir, and two of the guys. We even did a little bit of grappling - although that definitely seems to be more of a guy thing. I was partnered with Sir, though, and he had to keep an eye on the guys, so that could be it, too.) I can finish out at least one more full semester at Embry-Riddle and get that much closer to my degree. I don't have to worry about what leaving, coming back, leaving, and coming back again will do to the TeddieCat. Starting Monday, I have a job that will last me at least through September. Life could most definitely be a lot worse.

On the other hand, I do have to go shopping for at least a couple pairs of slacks and some tops for work. Yay =P

ETA: So, the new job won't start until Aug. 3 now because the paperwork didn't get to the East Coast guy (no idea why it has to go there, but it does, apparently) until today. Grr!

No comments: