Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fast note

Getting up at 7:00a, working from 8:30a-4:30p (with a lot of flexibility, I'm really done when the recruiter gets bored for the day, which varies a lot), driving back to Santa Maria, changing clothes, and doing two martial arts classes that are at least 45m long each (we're the last class of the night, so our end time gets a little, um, flexible sometimes) will really wear you out. I am more exhausted, and oddly, hungrier at the weirdest times. I'm eating breakfast, then am starving by lunch, which is usually around 11:00a, but sometimes not until 1:00p, usually have a small snack like a baggie of trail mix or a granola bar around 2:30p or 3:00p, am starving again by 5:00p, so I grab a small meal (pb&j, string cheese, fruit cup, usually), then hit class. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I'll also grab something small in between classes, but either way, I'm very rarely actually hungry when I get home afterwards. Not like I used to be. I'm thinking about maybe even eating a real dinner around 5ish on Tuesdays/Thursdays, but not sure how well that will sit in my stomach with class starting at 6:30p. I'll try it and see.

On top of the new work schedule, there's a new kickboxing workout with a lot of MMA-style floor work, we sparred in tkd last night, worked tackles in FIGHT and did pretty close to 100 lunges in various angles, and worked kicks tonight in tkd. It's so odd to say it, but it's 11:00p and I'm tired (and walking tomorrow should be interesting)!

No comments: