Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Guess where I was today?!

Does this help?



or this?


or this?


Monterey! One of my friends (okay, an ex-bf, but still, we're friends now) is currently stationed at the Army post there (he's in the AF, I don't get it either, but apparently such things are the norm) and had today off because of Columbus Day. So I drove up and we spent the day hanging out around the bay, taking in the jawdroppingly beautiful and somehow peacefully violent ocean cliff views, eating ice cream, and just enjoying being in each other's company and not wanting to kill each other. It was really really nice. We are already making plans to do this again. Unfortunately, the military doesn't really go for the whole "Monday off" thing, and my job doesn't really go for the whole "weekends off" thing, so we will have to wait until I am in performance schedule for Seussical or he gets a random three day weekend. Btw, Highway 1 between Monterey and San Simeon is not for the faint of heart. I'm sure it's a gorgeous drive during the day, but I'm rather glad I was doing it at night - those curves are wicked and I don't think I could have done them with any distractions! It was fun for the first five or six curves and then got nasty fast. I much prefer the more boring 101.

Teddie is not happy with me for leaving him home by himself all day, especially after I spent yesterday rearranging furniture. My brother is coming out for an extended stay soon, and I realized that if he was sleeping on the futon, I was gonna have to move my computer into my bedroom as I keep vampire hours and didn't want to disturb him. So the bedroom furniture all got rearranged. Then, I realized I didn't have any spare pillows. So I truck off to the store, and lo and behold, pillows on sale! I got a standard set for the futon and a queen set for my bed, as I haven't gotten new pillows in years, either. And of course, had to get sheets, too, for both beds. And a floor lamp that actually works for my room. And a set of drawers that aren't cheap see-through plastic to store my undies and socks in. (I didn't think my brother would appreciate that much.) My bedroom is so pretty now! And the futon is much improved, as well!


No real fiber news. I haven't really worked on the spinning at all. I frogged and restarted the second CDT on bigger needles. It was just going too slowly for me. And, my inner yarn slut came out again and I had to start a new pair of socks. I mean, seriously, have you seen Amy's September offering? Look me straight in the eye and tell me you could have put it away!

Dames is closed (pout - we agreed, if we had stayed in the Marian we could have done a few more weeks, but it was too damn cold in Solvang!). I'm starting Seussical tomorrow (they've already been in rehearsal for a week), and also have two meetings for a couple of shows in preproduction for next semester, and have to set up a meeting for a third show. Oye. And, as I got up at 6:30a this morning so I could be on the road by 7:30a (the sacrifices we make for friends!), I think I shall go to sleep!

4 comments:

AR said...

Nice pics! That seal (?) is so cute!

Coleen said...

beware the Sour Kangaroo!

KT said...

Sea lion =)
They're noisy as all hell, apparently. Danny said that they can hear them all the time up at the post - when he went home to visit his family, he was shocked at how quiet it was! They bark and roar and hiss and try to knock each other off their rocks and snooze in the sun, as far as I can tell.

AR said...

I realized they were sea lions later. Hehe.