Sunday, May 18, 2008

No More Students!

*ahem*

Sorry. I mean, "Congratulations to the Class of 2008!"

Our Conservatory students graduated today. This is the first class that I have been involved with for the full two years they are with us, and I think it has been a learning experience for all of us. It's been an amazing journey - watching these students who came in during the Fall of 2006, some of whom had never worked on a show before in their lives. Now they have not only learned the basic skills and I would be thrilled to have any of them on a crew for me, but we had one design costumes for two shows this year, one who designed props for two shows, one who got to mix a live show for the first time, and one who called her first ever very own show this week and is now going on to continue her education in stage management. I look at them now and am so proud of them and how far they have come. (I am very proud and happy for our acting students as well, but I don't have quite as active a hand in their classwork as I do for the tech students.)

Blessings on ya, kiddos. I'll see you in rehearsal!

No comments: