Thursday, May 22, 2008

On Getting Beat

I've got a mat burn on the top of my left foot, a blister on the toe of the same foot, a knife burn on the inside of my upper arm that is still stinging, my entire right knee is bruised, my elbow is swollen, and I have bruises on top of bruises on my hands and forearms. And I think I finally started to get the hang of the grappling move we did a few weeks ago. In other words, class has been excellent this week! =)

Other than that, not too much news this week. Not a lot is going on. I've been working in the office in the afternoons, doing class in the evenings, and working on the baby blanket. I'm planning on spending the weekend totally cleaning and scrubbing the apartment and possibly starting to pack some stuff up. Why? Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I'm moving in three weeks! Not far, though, literally to the next building over. Chrissy is moving to Solvang to be closer to her boy, and I'm moving into her old apartment, which is bigger than mine, is upstairs, has a walk-in closet, and (most importantly) lots and lots of natural sunlight coming into the living room. I'm so excited! Sunlight! Yay! Now I just need a new couch...

No class next week, as they're closed for Memorial Day and I have rehearsals in the evenings all week. I'll do a private class on Thursday morning to go through the testing stuff I'll need for my recommended black belt test on June 2. I'll be in performances for the first few weeks of the new cycle, but I already know the form I'm going to have to do for my black belt in July, so I think it will be okay.

No comments: