Sunday, December 10, 2006

Progress!

Christmas gifts: 50% (3 of 6) complete.

Mom's socks: 20% complete

Dad's socks: currently about 23% complete, but will probably get frogged and restarted and given later

Destash: over 50% sold, and I made a new theater-knitting friend, another East Coaster. This one's in costumes. You all seriously need to come out to CA and work. I mean, No Snow - on the coast anyway - what more do I need to say?

Two of my interns have also asked me to do a Knit Night or knitting class of some kind for them. One is the one who is learning entrelac and just needs some help with some of the skills involved. The other crochets but wants to learn to knit as well. I'm pondering. I should do what Suzi did for me - bring her some yarn and a pair of needles and teach her. And I want to, but I've never taught anyone from the basics, just showed stuff like increases and techniques and stuff to people who already have some idea of what I am talking about. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

AR said...

I'll come to CA, MI is too cold!

Teaching the basics is pretty easy, just remember when you demonstrate a skill, go slow. Have fun!

Amie said...

Maybe you need to come east! No earthquakes! And MD S&W! And Broadway!

Anonymous said...

what amie said
come EAST......
we got mdsw
RHINEBECK
we got sheepies

and did I mention we got SHEEPIES?
we got SHEEPIES you know

vi
yup that vi