Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What day is it?

Between last week and this week, my schedule has been so weird I have no idea what day it is anymore. Last week, of course, I was in LA, working Monday (yes, I worked on a Monday!)-Friday, had Saturday off (not normal, what does one do on a Saturday??), worked Sunday, was off Monday, then did 9:00a-11:00p yesterday, and am (supposedly) doing 9:00a-6:00p today and for most of the rest of the week. To make matters worse, USA must've aired the wrong version of their Psych commercial last night. They played one that said something along the lines of "New episode tomorrow night at 10:00p!" New Psych episodes are on Friday nights. Did they switch them? Will I actually get to see an episode the night it airs?! I check the website - tomorrow at 10:00p is a L&O:SVU episode. Now even USA is messing with my mind!

There is a benefit to this, however - evenings are free for class! I can even make sparring this week! A just picked up her camo belt and will start this week - it sounds like she's as nervous as I was, since she was asking me and Sir about it Monday. She'll be fine, although I do have to admit, it's kind of nice to not be the lowest belt there anymore!

In fibery news, I'm almost done with the heel of the second Felici sock. I have not started the socks for the HSS2 pal. Or rather, I have, and have come to the sad conclusion that yes, indeed, the proper needles for the yarn are the ones I am using on the Felici socks, which means I need to get them finished ASAP. I have everything else for the swap now - thanks to Kim's good fortune (and you should check out the awesome scarf she's churning out, too!), I found a link to an Etsy shop with really pretty Hogwarts-themed stitch markers. (I think I got the last set of Ravenclaw movie color markers, sorry!)

I think I really want to make a Tomato, and was going to use my stashed Shine for it until I realized that my Shine is the original sport weight, not the worsted weight the pattern calls for. I could still do it and adjust the gauge, but I'm afraid that I'll run out of yarn. I could use the diVe cotton, which is worsted weight, but I'm not sure about so much of that pale blue, and I don't have a contrasting color for it. And it doesn't matter anyway, since, as you can see from the sidebar, I still haven't done the armbands on the damn vest. I'm just terrified of picking up all those stitches and messing up! I know, I should listen to myself - it's just YARN. (And acrylic yarn at that, but I'm not a fiber snob).

Chrissy wants me to make her a Lady Eleanor. ("Can you make me a shawl?" "What kind of shawl?" "One like yours!" This is what I get for wearing it at work so much.) I'm still pondering. I want to do it, actually. I wouldn't mind making another one, but I don't think she really gets how much the yarn would cost. I have another pattern I saw today on the KR Forums that I really really like and I think might suit her better, but I have to figure out what weight yarn it uses. It looks like maybe a DK/light worsted? I LOVE the Jade Sapphire Mongolian Cashmere laceweight I have, but if that's $35/skein, I don't even want to think about how much 7 skeins of a DK weight costs! Maybe it'd be worth it to Chrissy, though. We'll see.

I'm stalled out about halfway through Clue 4 of the MS3. I really like the symmetrical version of the pattern, actually, but I just have not had the brain power to even contemplate picking up the lace. It's in a pretty repeatable place at this point, though, so maybe after class tonight I'll shower and snuggle in with Mythbusters or something.

I was able to make it to knitting Monday morning, being fashionably late as always. Okay, so quite late, actually. I actually got a few rows done on the Tumbling Blocks - I really wanted to work on some lace but couldn't really handle the thought of the MS3 and talking at the same time - and also put a few rows on the Felici sock. Mostly I chatted, drooled over books, and ate. K brought in some fantastically yummy strawberries. (One side benefit of moving to the Central Coast is that you have the best strawberries in the world literally on your street corners during summer - they don't need sugar, chocolate, whipped cream, nothing. Just clean 'em and eat 'em!)
And this is getting long and windy, so I'll go back to babysitting rehearsal now. I'm still sore from class on Monday - it wasn't until after class was over that I realized we did 55 round kicks per leg in one drill set, after almost two weeks off, ugh! - so class tonight will be interesting. I really like the step reverse side kicks in the new form, though. Still thinking about doing the cardio kickboxing class, too!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks for the linkage! I'm glad you got those markers! And I like that other stole too - that's a lot of cashmere, though!