Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Startitis (For Good Reason)

I finished the first sleeve on BBS the other day. I haven't started the second sleeve yet, though, as I've given in to a case of startitis and started this:
What? You can't tell what it is? Why, it's the body of the Huggable Hedgehog I bought at Stitches West last year! I've been casting around trying to think of what to get for Baby S for his birthday, and thought this would be perfect. It's a quick knit - not nearly as time consuming, the body would have been done in less than an evening if I'd properly read the instructions, or obviously labor-intensive as a blanket - cheap, since the whole kit was already in my stash, and they are so darn CUTE when they're done! I'm going to work on the back tonight and hopefully felt it later this week. The only thing I'm disappointed about is the size - the body is only about eight inches from head to toe right now. I'm a little afraid how much it will shrink when felted. I think I'm going to buy and sew on the eyes and nose, though. My embroidery just isn't that good!

Other than that, not much is going on. Thanks to my HSS3 pal for tipping me onto a Spanish-learning podcast! The Opening party for Othello was a lot of fun. (I'm telling you, gotta make friends with the bartender! No, I do not get plastered at work parties. Yes, I do get service faster than anyone else. What can I say? It's a talent. It certainly doesn't hurt that he's awfully cute...I didn't get any pics, but some of my friends did. I'll share when I get them.)

Sir had us work double bahng mahng ees again at instructor class last night. It was only me and Mr. R there, though, and Mr. R drilled me through the first four forms while Sir watched. I had trouble with the round kick/reverse side kick combo in Songham 4 the first time I learned that form - this second time is better, but not much. I'm going to ask Mrs. S if I can work reverse side kicks instead of the #3 side kicks during kickboxing, as I obviously need the practice! That's assuming I can walk tomorrow - my thigh and shoulder are hurting tonight after FIGHT. Of course, I got taken down over and over by Sir and a new kid, that might have something to do with it. Shower and television for the rest of the night!

No comments: