Thursday, February 28, 2008

Now THAT Makes Sense...

In the process of taking some measurements for a possible sweater design for myself, I thought it might be interesting to find out things like my BMI and whatnot. So I go to this website that Inky recommended and plug in the numbers. BMI ends up as 20.09, which is smack dab in the middle of the normal/healthy range. Fantastic. Out of curiosity, I plug in the numbers for their Body Fat Calculator and come up with 32.18%, which is in the obese range. But in fact, when I plug the numbers into their formula to "figure" how much weight loss would put me at the upper end of the "average/healthy" range, I'd have to gain five pounds. Huh? I think I'll stick with the BMI and making sure I continue eating decently and working out...

The arm is doing better, although I doubt I've been babying it as much as the medical profession would like. But hey, I've only done five classes this week, and four of them were tkd where Sir let me adapt some of the arm drills. I really really wanted to do knife sparring tonight at FIGHT, but decided against it. I want to do sparring class tomorrow more, since I haven't done it for two weeks now, and that means babying the arm for the rest of the night and probably skipping kickboxing tomorrow, too. I'm also not completely sure that knitting isn't aggravating it either, which really it irritating as we're trying to get Miss A's package put together next week.

On the plus side, Sir is going to work with me one-on-one when I go back into rehearsals so I can keep up with classwork, and he said I've been doing really well in instructor class, too. It's really difficult for me sometimes, not because the material is hard, but I still have a hard time shaking the feeling that I should already know all of the forms that I've done. He said that it's easier for the black belts to go back and learn the color belt material because they only have one form of their own to focus on for a year or two, whereas I'm learning a new form of my own every two months, plus working through the old ones, but that I'm still keeping up pretty well. Sparring is still my weakest area, though, he said mostly because I don't get to do it on a regular basis and really train with it. We'll work on that in the private lessons, yikes.

And I've gotten my mom playing with yarn again, muha!

No comments: