Friday, June 13, 2008

Moving on...

Just a quick note to let everyone know I'm alive. I've actually tried to be good and pack up my apartment more than, say, my usual two hours before I MUST move everything. Both luckily and sadly, it feels like part of this place never really got unpacked to begin with - either that or I just tend to store things in various baskets and boxes and tubs normally. Lucky in that I don't have to box up EVERYTHING in new boxes, but a little sad, because I've lived here for over two years now and the place doesn't really feel all that different now that it's packed up. Like, it's been home, but not Home. I guess I'm still in the nomadic mindset. Cute Guy asked me the other night how much longer I thought I would stay here at PCPA, and it kind of surprised me to realize that I don't really want to be here all that much longer, and Les Mis is the only show that really interests me for next year. I love working with the students and having a steady paycheck, but I'm also getting kind of bored. It's the same process with the same (admittedly great) people every show. But, on the other hand, I don't really know where else I would want to go, assuming that John's show is still not off the ground. Vegas, LA, SF, Chicago, and NY are the hotspots, of course, and all have their advantages (Chicago is much closer to family, for example) and disadvantages (mainly, it snows in Chicago and NYC, and I really have no contacts or networks in any of those cities, although I could drum up work in LA again if I wanted). I guess I'll just start keeping an eye on jobsites again and see what pops up that looks interesting. The other thing that keeps popping into my mind now is that I have friends outside of work now that I would miss very badly, and I would need to find a place where I could continue my martial arts training. But that's for the future...this move on Monday is literally to the next building over, so I don't have to think too hard about it now.

So that's that, my ramblings for the time being. Obviously, I have gotten to hang out with Cute Guy lately, which has been fun. We always seem to have something to talk about, which kind of surprises me. Quite frankly, I was expecting him to turn into the stereotypical shallow pretty boy and the attraction wouldn't last long, but it turns out that he's a pretty decent guy. Who knew? (He, of course, is leaving at the end of the summer, so I can't really let myself get too involved, but I might as well enjoy the summer fling, particularly as they happen, like, never to me!)

I have nine and a half more rounds plus whatever border I decide on to finish the blanket. My bus knitting time has kind of taken a hit since I figured out how to get my downloaded tv episodes onto my mp3 player, because it's hard to watch the little screen without holding it. I'm sure that novelty will wear off soon, though. I did all three classes on Monday and felt fine on Tuesday. Tuesday I went running for the first time in ages (we have to do a 15 minute run for testing) and my legs weren't incredibly sore Wednesday, but they were definitely talking more than usual. Apparently 2h 15m of kickboxing and tkd is much easier than 15m of running! (And I know which I'd prefer...) Next week I get to start FIGHT back up again on Tuesdays, which will be sooo nice. I might start going and watching on Saturdays, too.

And it's now much closer to my usual bedtime, so I think I could sleep now. Gotta get up for a 9:30a understudy rehearsal tomorrow, just to properly start off what is going to turn into another 15-hour workday. Joy. At least Cute Guy will be there...have a very lucky Friday the 13th!

No comments: