Friday, June 06, 2008

Quick Knitting Update


Here's the current baby blanket/Solvang bus project. This was taken a few days ago, actually, and I've done a bit more work on it since. As you can see, it's currently approximately 30" in diameter, and each stripe repeat is about five inches thick, so I think I'm going to do one more full repeat (ending with a blue stripe), and then put a border of some kind on it and call it done. I haven't quite decided what kind of border yet. Probably just a plain garter stitch one, so it doesn't roll as much. Each stripe repeat is 28 rounds (12 rounds of white, then 4 rounds each of the other 4 colors), and increases 28 stitches every 6 rounds, so there's a LOT of stitches in a round at this point! It should be done soon, though!
I've also actually been working on the second sleeve of the Boatneck Bluebell sweater, too, and might actually get that done sometime in the relatively near future.
And I learned last night, you can never have too many wool sweaters for Solvang! (My SRSP served me quite well last night, it was fantastic!)

1 comment:

silly sarahs said...

I wanted to let you know I got your great hogwarts package thanks
sarah