Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Meme!

Stolen from Amie, because I liked it:

What was the scariest thing (or one of them if you’ve had many adventures) you ever experienced?Watching my dad board the plane here in Santa Maria to go home after he helped me move out here three years ago. It really hit me at that point that I was very much alone here, and I was terrified. Other than that, I tend to scare myself more often than anything else scares me.

Do you plan to retire where you are right now or move somewhere else?Wow, retirement. It seems sooo far away right now that I can't even really think about it seriously. Right now, I can't see myself ever actually really retiring, just being more specific about what shows I work on and where. There's no place in particular that I want to live, just somewhere warm.

Three little gifts you’re always glad to get:
Flowers. I love flowers. Any kind of flowers.
Yarn
Anything along the lines of "I saw this and thought of you..."


4 careers you might have enjoyed:
Working in Mission Control for a space mission (the reason I actually went to Purdue)
Teaching
Working as a full time YMCA Aquatic staff member
Singer (I can't act for anything, but I used to have a decent set of pipes. They're out of tune due to lack of use now, though.)


A book you loved as a child but found disappointing as an adult:Hmm...I can't really say as I've gone back and read a lot of the books recently that I read when I was younger. I can't believe I read "The Babysitters Club" series so much, but I liked them when I was eleven, if that counts.

Somebody ought to do (invent, make, write) that!A way of making all the diseased blood drain out of a person while good blood is getting pumped in. That way we could help all the people who have blood diseases like AIDS and leukemia. (I had some invention in mind earlier, but now I can't think of it and so have to go the humanitarian route.)

Where or on what could you easily drop $100? - up to 5
Yarn
Books/Audio books
Clothes (I don't buy that many clothes, but I will pay for quality and style when I do)
Blackjack tables
Tickets to see shows. I'd willingly drop $100 to see a show if I had to.


Name an adult, not a parent, who really had an impact on you before you were 18 and what made such an impression.There have been SO many people who impacted my life, it's hard to pick just one. Ms. Jones, my drama teacher in high school, was the one who honed my interest in the performing arts and encouraged it and was okay with the fact that I would rather be backstage running things than onstage and introduced me to that world (even though it was still just a hobby to me at the time). Mrs. Monts (now Ms. Marshall) was my English teacher throughout high school and drilled an appreciation for literature and grammar and research that has been of incalculable value so far. I had a love/hate relationship with her in school, but man, I have never forgotten what we learned and read and wrote in her classes. You would do your work, and you would do it correctly in her class, or you wouldn't pass. It was just that simple.

That all said, Anna is now open and running well in Solvang. My ASM is doing just as well as I expected. Dames started rehearsals this afternoon (I have to get going in a few, as my dinner is almost up). The contrast between these two shows is insane. Both casts are great, and fun, and both directors are wonderful to work with, but the shows themselves! Anna is a very simple show technically, and a very intense and emotional and difficult show plotwise (we have betrayals and rape and murder and suicide and all sorts of fun things, and it's still a beautiful show somehow). Dames is a very shallow plot (more along the lines of "I just met you! I love you! We're going to get married and live happily ever after right after this big tap number!" That's pretty much the whole plot.) but is going to be a difficult show technically (I get to collapse a set onstage with a wrecking ball at the end of Act I and build a battleship for Act II, it'll be great!). I love theater, it's so varied. I need the fluff right now.

Strip #2 of the Chunky Diagonal Throw is almost done. I might be able to get away with working on it this evening, but not sure yet.

No comments: