Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ice Cream!

Okay, so there's only a couple bites of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food left, but woo, more new sock yarn! Amy's Spunky Eclectic July Club Yarn arrived today. Mine has a bit more brown in it (at least it looks like on the skein), and reminds me of neopolitan (spelling?) ice cream. I swear, I have got to start knitting socks faster so I can get to all this yummy yarn! I did get to do a couple more repeats on the Cloverleafs today during rehearsal. Nothing is more boring to sit through than a music rehearsal - there is ABSOLUTELY nothing for an SM to do but sit there and listen and look interested. Normally I do not knit during rehearsals, but I made an exception today after they spent over an hour and a half on one song. I don't mean to sound disparaging, it is a song with very difficult five-part harmonies, and each person has their own line, so if one person is off even the slightest, you can tell, and they were working really hard at it, but I really couldn't take it anymore. (I decided today, although I have not had any musical direction experience, that it would be easier to teach a large cast harmonies than a small cast. More people can mess up in a large ensemble than in a small one.) Only eight more repeats for that sock, and then the ribbing, and done! I also finished the second strip of the Chunky Diagonal Throw this evening. I am telling myself to start the third strip. I leave for the wedding two weeks from tomorrow, and still have two strips and the border to knit. I think I'll be okay, though. I do want to start this strip, but maybe after I eat an apple and wash my hands. And I really should fold the three loads of laundry I did the other day...

No comments: