Monday, August 28, 2006

Woo!



All done - the washing and drying didn't tear it apart, and it looks much better on the wrong side now than it did earlier today. I'll finish the card and pop it in the mail tomorrow with a nice bottle of wine, I think.

Project Specs:
Pattern: Chunky Diagonal Throw from Lion Brand Yarns
Yarn: Lion Brand Homespun in Florida Keys (green), Cobalt (blue), Covered Bridge (red), Sunshine State (yellow), and Deco (white)
Needles: US 10.5 for body, US 11 for border
Date started: July 17, 2006
Date completed: August 27, 2006
Notes:
-I messed up the color assignments early on, so the order is not the same as the pattern's. If I was making this for myself - and I probably will at some point - I personally would do a more repetitive pattern instead of the random. I love the colors of this one, though.
-The Homespun is a good enough yarn for this. Again, and I said this with the Winter Night afghans, too, the fraying of the woven-in ends drives me batty. I'm not sure what else is possible to do to prevent it, though. I would love to try another chunky, machine wash yarn for this at some point in the future. Perhaps Wool-Ease Chunky or Thick-n-Quick if I can find enough colors I like.

The first of the cuff-down socks was finished yesterday, the second cast on, and I finished casting on for the April Fool's socks this afternoon as well. I'm doing those two at a time. I really like the fit of the heel and gusset (yeah yeah), but I really really hate the toe. It's very square. I have added an extra two stitches to the second sock, as well, because the first is justohsoslightlyever too tight. I can still wear it just fine, but it stretches just a bit more than I'd like.

Looking at these, and the ohmygod beautiful sock yarn from Spunky Eclectic that arrived in the mail yesterday, I have changed my mind about the Sock Wars, I think. It still sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm kind of over deadlines for the time being and I want absolutely no pressure to knit. Besides, I want to get some of these WIPs over on the sidebar crossed off, particularly Rogue and the Snowdrop Shawl. And I'd love to get cracking on the Pinwheel Sweater over at Elann.

No comments: