Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Her Package Arrived!

My pal Mesanges over on Ravelry got her swap package today, so I feel comfortable in revealing some of my handiwork over the past couple weeks. Actually, it isn't much and didn't take very long, but I still like them. (Her pics on the thread are much better than mine, too!)

The poor girl's a Canadiens fan, so she got herself a new project bag:

that was filled with all sorts of small hockey/squirrel/swedish fish-related items (I'd never heard of Swedish Fish candy before this swap and now I see it everywhere!). Now you know why the teaser pic was from the top down into the bag - the stripe would have given it away! Btw, trying to find a Canadiens patch (which is what I really wanted to include) in this area of the world is a PAIN in the you know what (even sports memorabilia store owners looked at me like I'd sprouted a second head when I asked about hockey stuff, much less Habs). I knew my intarsia skills weren't good enough to try charting out the logo, and it would take too long to cross-stitch, so I was wracking my brain trying to think of what else I could do. I was wandering aimlessly in Michaels, trying to get some kind if inspiration, and landed in an aisle with those small plastic canvases of different shapes that kids use for needlepoint. Two packs of those and some stash yarn resulted in these:


Simple, fun, useable. (They're the sleeve stripes of the three teams she listed as her favorites. And a puck.) And now that I've remembered how to do needlepoint, I'm thinking I need some in old gold and black. And black, red, and white. And red, white, and blue. Hey, I could do a set for all of my teams. Hmm...

Anyway, I really had a lot of fun with this swap and I can't wait until the next one! (Although now I have to think of something NEW!)

No comments: