Tuesday, August 09, 2005

blah

I don't know what is going on, but I have been having the worst time trying to settle down and work on something lately. I just have been getting distracted and frustrated very easily. Maybe it's just "that time" of the month, but so far, I have frogged both the start of my first mitten AND my Diamond Lace Shawl twice today! The mitten was honestly way too small, and had to be frogged and restarted, then realized after restarting it I STILL didn't have the right number of stitches on it, so frogged it again and stuffed the yarn back into the bag. (I did get a great tip from Fran on the KR Forums on how to size it properly, though!) Decided, and have been pondering this for a while, that I really DON'T like the lacework in Homespun, so scrapped that shawl completely. Decided to do a quick dishcloth shawl with it instead, because the color is pretty enough that I think it could hold up the simple pattern. Started it on size 13's, even played around with learning Continental style knitting on it (it's slow, but I CAN do it now!), and then decided it was too loose, so scrapped it again and will try it on size 11's. It seems like the only thing I can work on for more than one or two rows right now is the multidir-diag scarf, which is actually coming along quite well and looks very nice. Maybe my body is just in a scarf mood. I really wanted to get to the thumb gusset on the first mitten today, though, so I'm disappointed.

No comments: