Monday, January 15, 2007

AHHH! There's a Rogue in my apartment!!

Forgive the pics. It's hard to take pictures of yourself.
Full shot:


The hood and neck detail:


The sleeves and sides:


Project: Rogue Sweater from Girl From Auntie
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Blue Heather
Needles: US 8 and 9 (had to change when going from round to flat knitting)
Started: April 28, 2006
Complete: January 15, 2007
Notes:

  1. Knitted cast on for the body, twisted German cast on for the sleeves.

  2. Rolled hems on body and sleeves.

  3. It actually wasn't that difficult of a knit. You kind of get into a rhythm with it. The killer for me was the sleeves. Next sweater, I'm doing the sleeves first.

  4. This was my first "finished" sweater, and it actually wasn't too bad. There were some lessons learned, though. The first being that increases and decreases should be done at least one stitch in from the edge, not on the edge. I didn't hear of doing that until after I'd finished the majority of the knitting. I can now see where it would make seaming a lot easier. I also blocked the sleeves the first time I finished them but not the second, and I think that would have helped, too.

  5. If I made it again, which is possible but not in the immediate future, I'd do the kangaroo pocket, and the same bust size, but lengthen the body. Or maybe I would go up a bust size, give it a little more ease. I like how this one fits, really.

Woo! I've made two sweaters! Next up in the sweater department? Fiona Ellis' Short Row Striped Pullover from the Fall 2003 Interweave Knits. I saw Cara's version of it and fell in love. I think I have finally found a way to work through some of the blue shades of WotA in the stash. Hell, I jumped straight in with Rogue as my second sweater, why not keep up the tradition of jumping in way over my head? No, it's not The Sweater, but I'm still looking for that, and I have the yarn for this already. Oh, and I've done a couple more Tumbling Blocks repeats. It currently looks like this:


Anyway, that's one UFO down, lots more to go, and I'm still probably gonna cast on for that next sweater. The TeddieCat is sick, I think he has a cold (he has runny eyes and he's sneezing a lot), and I have to go back to work tomorrow. Gonna take Mom's sock in tomorrow, in the off chance I get any downtime. I really want to go to class and I hope that maybe we can get out of rehearsal early enough later in the week so I can go.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Great job. I just bought the yarn to make Eris for my daughter's birthday.

AR said...

Woo-Hoo! Great job!

Hope your kitty's better soon.

Coleen said...

Wow! It is GORGEOUS!!! I really love it. Congrats on a beautiful new sweater!

Mindy said...

Rogue looks fabulous!

Amy Boogie said...

The sweater looks fantasitc on you! I hope TeddieCat is better soon.

Warrior Knitter said...

Beautiful. And it does look fantastic on you. Kudos to you!

Miri Mack said...

I think yours is the best fitting Rogue that I have seen. Great knitting!