Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Distraction!

Look! Quick, over there!

See, some progress! The second Green Gables sock only needs a few more inches on the leg. The STR sock is about an inch away from starting the heel. I'm going to do my best do to a toe-up heel flap and gusset on these guys, if it kills me! But isn't it intereting how the same yarn will work up into fraternal twins? This is the first Green Gables sock:

See the difference in the stripe pattern? The difference in the widths, the difference in the intensity...no idea why. Cool, though, I don't need identical twins for socks. Frats are fine with me!

And, this is how the baby blanket looks so far:

The triangles, once I sit down and figure them out, are going to fill in the edges, in the color pattern, and then there will be a striped border around it. I kind of like it, myself.

I didn't get the apartment nearly as clean as I wanted today, since I ended up spending all afternoon in the office with my LD going through the blocking for the show. I did get laundry done, though, and am now waiting for it to fold itself.

It was awesome to be back in class tonight. I'm good with my one-steps, form, and board break, but I'm not good with the self-defense. I'm going to go in on Thursday for a pickup. I also got to talk to Sir a little about testing and sparring, which was cool. He said we might start sparring in regular classes, which would be interesting. I've decided I am going to test with the rest of the class on Saturday. The music director decided he really didn't need us there Saturday afternoon, so it's cool again.

Alright, the laundry still hasn't folded itself, so I think I'm gonna go take care of that and crash now. Have a good week, everyone!

1 comment:

AR said...

I love the look of that blanket! Can't wait to see it finished. Your socks are having more luck than mine. They are sitting there waiting for me to knit them!