Saturday, March 29, 2008

Not bad for a 14 hour day...

Seriously, if I could get three extra hours in a day right now, that'd be perfect. Assuming I could spend those three hours like this: one more hour of sleep, one more hour of tkd and/or FIGHT, and one more hour to just get things done here at home. My Easter basket got delivered yesterday to my neighbors (they hold things for me sometimes), and I have yet to find a time to get it from them that is not 1:00a or later. Maybe I can get it tomorrow morning, if they're home.

And to clarify, today was supposed to be a 12 hour day, with teaching kickboxing thrown in over dinner in an attempt to truly prove my insanity. Chrissy hasn't been feeling well the past few days, though, and around 10:00p last night (in the middle of rehearsal), she texted me asking if I could teach the first years' stage management class this morning at 10:30a. No lesson plan, but I knew what the topic was supposed to be (tech rehearsals, previews, and a few other things), so I spent last night trying to think of anything I could talk about on those topics. I ended up starting with the "What do YOU think a stage manager does during tech?" and then we talked about the answers they came up with. Far, far easier to let your students create your lesson plan, really. And, I got the first years talking in class! Woo!

So anyway, class until noon (we ended about half an hour early, actually, because I needed a lunch break), then rehearsal, then teaching kickboxing (six people plus me, which is the biggest I've had so far), then back to rehearsal. Surprisingly, though, I was not dead by the end of it. I don't know if it's because of or in spite of doing the kickboxing. I got a decent amount of sleep last night, ate breakfast (*dingding!* ), drank only water, and continued eating small things throughout the day instead of any large meals (yogurts, fruit cups, granola bars, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are my bestest friends this week - they are perfect for 10 minute breaks in rehearsal). I have two more double days (one with kickboxing again in the middle of it) and a triple day (Sunday) that I have to get through before tech, though, so we'll see if today was a fluke or not.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, wow, you make me tired just reading about it!