Saturday, February 03, 2007

Project Spectrum

While I've never really gotten into the whole Project Spectrum thing, I do think it's interesting to really think about the colors that are around you and what they mean to you and why. Now I'm wondering how I can make my list of projects fit it. Rather than concentrating on only working on them during the specific months, I think I'm going to try to get them finished in the time frame of the specific months. I think this is how it will break down:

February/March (blue, white, gray):
Short Row Striped Pullover finished 4/17/07
Mom's Socks finished 2/15/07
Stripey Socks frogged

April/May (green, yellow, pink):
Green Gables Socks
Mitered Square Baby Blanket
Tumbling Blocks

June/July (red, black, metallics):
Tori's Socks

August/September (brown, orange, purple):
Dad's Socks (Dad's birthday is in August anyway)


So that gives me a plan for when I want to finish things. That's kind of nice.

And, completely out of PS order, I now have a bright orange belt. (AR, you should appreciate that!) The test was pretty easy and I didn't make any mistakes. It was just me testing for my belt and two Tiny Tigers (kids 4-9) doing midterm tests for their second dan black belt, so it went really quickly. I was mostly worried about my board break, actually, since I had seriously bruised up my elbow and forearm with a mishit Wednesday during pickup, and knew that if I did the same thing again it would REALLY hurt, but it went fine and I broke it first try. Now, come Monday, I'll have a new form, new 1-steps, and new self defense moves to learn! Yay! And, I don't have to double wrap my belt anymore - at least not until black belt which is WAYY far in the future! Double yay!

I was going to post this last night, but we opened Barrymore last night as well. While I'm not a heavy drinker anyway, when you barely eat anything all day, what you did eat was burned off by a physical test, and then drink two rather heavy handed cocktails (a vanilla lemonade and a blue hawaiian), you end up very sleepy and more than a little drunk rather quickly. Gotta love that bartender. The show is good, really short, and I'm working on the heel flap for the second of Mom's socks because of it.

2 comments:

AR said...

Yay! Congrats on your orange belt. I'd want to stay there, no not really. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I miss double wrapping. The belts here and too short!!

Congrats!!