Friday, January 04, 2008

Cotton...Wool...Kitty?

I actually did get all my yarn sorted and stored yesterday. I bought three of those under-the-bed-style storage containers, and put worsted weight acrylics in one, bulky weight acrylics in another, and then dk/sport/worsted weight cottons and wools in the third. I didn't get a chance to cover them before I had to leave for class, and when I got home, this is what I found:

I didn't realize I had to store kitty fiber in there, too! And note that he even shoved some of the yarns almost out of the container to make room! The lazy bum didn't even bother to get up when I got home, although he did open one sleepy eye and yawn in my general direction. I guess he was so comfy, nestled in those wools, that he couldn't deign to acknowledge me more than that. The only real problem with the storage system, other than kicking cats out of it, is that I actually got them to fit under the futon in my living room. This way, all my yarn would be together in the same room, and be handy but still fairly discrete. A brilliant idea, until I realized that this futon (and I REALLY need a new one, or better yet, a sofa or a pair of comfy chairs) is so broken and bent that the containers don't fit underneath it. I guess they'll have to go under my bed for the time being. The containers that the dk-bulky weights outgrew now house my sock yarns and WIP bags.
(The sock yarn container is under the WIP container.) The laceweights are still in the top drawer of my Rubbermaid stackable, with cross-stitch stuff in the middle and all my needles in the bottom. We'll see how long this actually keeps things organized.

And I finally got the pic to Kiz, so I feel safe in posting it here now. I do present, The Most Awesome T-Shirt:


And off topic, but exactly one year ago today, I went to my first taekwondo class. I could go on for a while about all the physical, mental, and emotional benefits I've gotten from it, but to spare you the boredom and at the risk of sounding like an old Nike commercial, all I'll say is that working up the nerve to Just Do It was one of the best things I've ever done. Thank you so much to all of my instructors and classmates for teaching, encouraging, and supporting me through the year, and thank you to you all for your support and encouragement as well!

Mr. R teased me the other night, "Sometimes you come in all dolled up [when I come straight from work and have to change at the studio], and you look out of place. But at the end of the night, you're one of us!"

1 comment:

AR said...

hehe My cat would have done the same thing, as long as there was wool. She loves wool.

Rockin shirt!!