Thursday, January 17, 2008

Success and Failure

Thank you everyone for your kind words on the afghan! (Mom, it's NOT for you! He needs the decor more than you do - you'll just have to visit him AND the afghan! =) ) Now I have to figure out what to do with the leftover yarn from it.

The rest of the knitting is kind of in various states. Most of my projects are mindless, and I'm so close on some of my projects. The fingerless gloves are almost done - I just need to pick up the stitches and knit the thumb. Ten rounds left, and yet it sits in its bag. I've been working more on MS3, the Drop Stitch Scarf, and another Chunky Diagonal Afghan that I started over the summer. I finished the raglan increases for my size for the Boatneck Bluebell sweater, but I don't think the yoke is long enough. I might have to do a few more. It's on scrap yarn right now from trying it on.

I once again failed to break my board with the jump side kick tonight. Argh! It's mostly a mental block. I KNOW it's a mental block. But it's still a problem. I'm going to go in early tomorrow and see if I can sweettalk Mr. R into helping me with it before I teach (gulp!) kickboxing. Despite my apparently woeful board breaking ability, Sir had me start working with double bahng mahng ees last night in instructor training. It was obviously review for the rest of the class, but the first time I'd done any weaponwork for a tkd class. ("Um, Sir, I've never done these." "I know. You're starting now." He says it's in case someone has to take a class on short notice, which makes sense, but doesn't make me feel any more comfortable.) I like the bahng mahng ees, a lot more than I thought I would. We just did basic warmups and drills with them, though. I'm not looking forward to the ssahng jeol bahngs, though.

Morgan, Zach's brother, taught FIGHT tonight, and it was a lot of fun. We did knife sparring, a knife defense, and a gun defense. Quote of the night (after me disarming Shane - a newer guy): "Dude, she won. You're dead." It's always fun to be the only girl ;)

No comments: