Friday, October 28, 2005

FINALLY

Image hosted by Photobucket.comMy KnitPicks order finally showed up yesterday! Very excited! 3 skeins of Spruce WotA, 2 skeins of Cloud WotA (the second skein is already in use for the first felted mitten), and 3 skeins of Jewels Shadow! The Shadow is soooo soft, and has all these little flecks of lavender and dark blues and purples through it. I can't wait to work with it! I had to put it up on the shelf out of sight so I didn't start my Tiger Eyes with it yet! The WotA isn't too shabby, either - it's not nearly as scratchy as the Noro Kureyon that I made the Booga bag out of, and has been knitting up very quickly, although part of that is probably the fact that I'm using size 8s to make it bigger so it shrinks when I felt it. I might just get these mittens knit today! I'm using the Cloud as my test pair for the pattern. If they turn out well, I'll give this pair to Mom and make another pair in the Spruce for my Dad. I kind of want to make a pair of felted clogs for Kelly (his afghan is NOT going to get done in time - I have no desire to work on it right now), but I may have to knit them in advance and then felt them after he "gets" them, so I know they'll fit okay. And I want to make and felt a penguin for Steve ("Pasha" in the Knitty archives) and a small lil sumtinsumtin for my gift elf! I feel another KnitPicks order coming on! If my paycheck ever gets here, anyway...

Turned the heel on Steve's Christmas stocking yesterday (Steve decided - thank goodness - that adding another Snowman pic would make it far too long), and have also started a pair of socks (two socks on ML) in the Sockotta until the second ball of Regia shows up. The Bearfoot still hasn't come in yet =(

No comments: