Thursday, October 20, 2005

well, finally!

I finally called KnitPicks this morning (yes, it is only 9:30a.m. and I have been up for approximately two and a half hours already, sigh!) after a week of having my emails ignored. The lady was very nice and apologetic and started the process of sending a replacement order right away, along with a note on the file that said the order had delayed shipping. I don't think there will be any kind of compensation (I was kinda hoping for a free skein or a discount or something), although she said if the first order does ever arrive, I should just keep it. If this order goes the way the people at the KR Forums claim, it should be here by mid-next week. I hope so!

The LYS that I bought the Regia from is closed on Thursdays (and Sundays AND Mondays!) and, from looking at websites of other LYS in the area, no one else carries it locally. Which means I can't get another skein until Tuesday at the earliest. I'm really worried about getting SSS (second sock syndrome), but I think I'll be okay. I should call them and leave a message asking them to hold a skein in that dye lot for me...

No comments: