Sunday, October 30, 2005

Mittens!



Felted Mittens
Pattern from Bernat.com
Yarn: KnitPick's Wool of the Andes in Cloud (2 skeins)
Needles: 29" US8 Inox circular needles (Magic Looped)
Notes:
1. I don't like the cuff. It needs to be longer and probably on smaller needles so it doesn't make that boxy shape.
2. The palm/fingers could be about a half inch shorter.
3. The thumb needs to be longer.
4. It could go through the felting process one more time to lose some more of the stitch definition. I didn't want to make them any smaller, though.
5. Fairly quick knit, and I used almost all of the yarn.

Luckily, I got three skeins of the Spruce, which was the color that I really wanted to make these mittens in, but I decided to use the Cloud for a test pair. Now I know what adjustments to make to make them perfect for...the person they're for! =)

No comments: