Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What is wrong with me??

I have three projects currently on the needles: the Snowdrop Shawl, Rogue, and the start of what I am hoping will turn out to be Elfine socks in Spunky Eclectic's Super Sport in Green Gables. (The yarn is still unsure of what it wants to be - right now we're still on the toe, so the potential to be anything is still there. I'm actually stalling on the hippo socks because rumour mill has the next Project Spectrum - and thereby Sock Club yarn - colour is blue. I love blue, and feel it would be the best choice yet for that particular pattern.)Yet, something is missing. I was looking up a link for a friend and it hit me. Socks. I know, I have Elfine. I mean something else. A plain pair of stockinette socks. Something that I can work on during rehearsal breaks, waiting in line, during shows. Something I don't have to think about at all. Something I don't need to remember patterns for. Now, this is slightly unfair to Rogue, as Rogue is pretty easy (it's really mostly stockinette, the cables are actually pretty small) at this point as well, but Rogue, well, Rogue is big. Rogue does not fit in my purse. Elfine will, of course, but I need to have a pattern handy to read for Elfine. And Rogue. And Snowdrop. I need a zombie project. I do believe I will have to go on a stash raid and find something suitable for boring old socks. I will, however, settle in with Rogue and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire afterwards. I do have a design meeting in the morning (is EVERYONE doing Suessical right now? I know of at least three companies getting ready to put it up!) and I haven't finished reading the script yet - the rhymes really get to me after a while - but oh well. I'm just there to take notes, anyway =)

1 comment:

Coleen said...

Seussical! I did it last year and I'm designing the lights for a camp production of it this summer. So, yes - everyone is doing Seussical right now! I am a big fan of the Sour Kangaroo!