Sunday, February 26, 2006

Olympian!

Well, I didn't get a gold, but I did indeed participate, which still makes me an Olympian. I console myself with the fact that I am working on a great project, and I did actually get the amount of knitting in that I had planned on. Next time I will swatch better and get a better idea of sizing so I will know if the amount of knitting in the pattern is actually going to be enough or not. But it was supposed to be a learning and challenging experience and it was.

And I have a completely cleaned and packed apartment, and most of it is safely stored in a city 250 miles away, so I can't really say I was able to dedicate all my time to it. The packed, stored, and moved apartment is a far greater accomplishment, in my opinion. At least, the whole having a roof over your head thing is nicer than having a partially finished yarn fabric piece, no matter how pretty it is. On that note, however, the Lady is gonna get finished soon before I go nuts!

Also, I cannot wait to get working on Oliver! It's going to be absolutely crazy - 40 cast members, including 13 Young Performers (kids, aka YP's) and a dog! But it should be a lot of fun, too! Starting Tuesday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll scootch over on the podium to make room for you! I can't imagine tackling such a big project while packing up the rest of my life! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished shawl, whenever.

Jo said...

I'm amazed that you even took on this challenge while in the midst of moving! Break a leg with Oliver! It's quite a challenge on its own. I empathize with the number of YPs you are faced with. Did Music Man a couple of years ago and had more YPs than adults. Oddly enough, the YPs weren't ever a challenge. Some of the "adults" behaved as if they *were* YPs and were more trouble then they should have been! ::rollingeyes::

Can't wait to see your finished Lady!