Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hey, I *Can* Do That...

So I tried out the whole charting and color changing and all that intimidating-ness for the 1945 Christmas Stocking. It's not so bad! Actually, I had no problems with it at all! Pics of the swatch will be up tomorrow, when I can take my laptop to the library and connect, but honestly, I think it looks pretty darn good, and it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be! So now I'm preening. Maybe it's egotistic, but I only did the date (which I thought would be the hardest, with all the stranding), and since it turned out so well, I'm not going to do the rest of the stocking. I'm going to save the yarn because....after talking with Steve and his mom this weekend (and seeing the gorgeous stockings she has made for her family), we decided that we would go ahead and order the patterns from here! Steve and I liked the snowman and the holly, when we showed his mom, she liked the evergreen and the cabin, so we ended up ordering all four! I guess she collects patterns like a fiend, I should probably start asking her before I buy any more! Plus I got the original pattern for the stockings she made, and I will probably use some of those charts on a couple of my Christmas presents now. So, even though it was a sad reason to go up, it was fun in a knitting sort of way.

No comments: