Thursday, September 22, 2005

projects!

So, I've decided that I'm going to CO the first Christmas stocking after I finish the second mitten, and CO the hat after I finish Rainy Day. Both of which should be soon, as I can get 18 rows done on RD per night on the bus to and from Solvang, and if I actually sat and worked on the mitten, I could probably have it done in a day or two. After I finish the hat and RD, my non-afghan Christmas gifts will be done (except for my gift elf, when I get paired), and I'll splurge and order a skein of Bearfoot and make the Tiger Eye scarf for myself. I don't normally "do" scarves, but it might be nice to have something to wear in the cooler months. I'm still going to get the cashmerino, or Snuggly, and make some kind of stole/scarf for myself as well, but that may end up being a Christmas present to myself. I'm going to CO for the top down raglan (using up some Simply Soft I have stashed - maybe it is acrylic, but it's not scratchy, and at least I'll get some use out of it and learn how to do a decent top finally, even if I never wear the darn thing afterwards) after I finish the Christmas stockings. The two afghans will get done when they get done. Hopefully before Christmas, but if not, I'm not going to stress over it. I mean, I'm still planning on working on both of them on a regular basis, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

No comments: