Sunday, September 18, 2005

home again, home again...

Jiggity Jig!! Yay, I'm home! Just until Tuesday, but still...sleeping in my own bed...curling up in my own chair...cooking my own food (that jambalaya really hit the spot tonight)...having Steve handy for cuddles...getting kicked off my pillow by the cat (who has currently decided that in retribution for not getting to sleep on "his" side of the bed last night, he must now perform the role of hot water bottle/fur coat in my lap)...the simple joys!

I've been fairly ambitious with my knitting of late. I've gotten four squares done on the Winter Night during the show this week. I did get busted by one of the actors for knitting during the show, but as long as I'm still focused on the show, they don't care. I've done a couple inches on Rainy Day and Knitted Stripes, and have even cast on and done two inches of the ribbing for the second mitten!

Oh, and after much internal debate, and a bit of regret, I've given up the idea of using the cashmerino for my first sweater...I'm going to use it for a stole or wrap of some kind for me instead. Definitely something lacy, but casual enough I could wear with jeans when the evenings get cool. I really really love the Tiger's Eye lace that ChristinaC posted on KR recently, and me and Suz spent a good half hour deciding how we would make it into a stole (neither of us are much into scarves). I'm not sure if the cashmerino is the best fit for that lace, though. I really love the shadows and shifting colors in the website pic, and was toying with the idea of getting some KnitPicks Shadow in Lost Lake for it. May have to find some other wrap pattern for the cashmerino...maybe Cozy or Ella or Cat's Paw? Or something else...I want something light and elegant, and preferably a solid color. Found some other great shawls and stoles and wraps, including the "Tri-aran-angle" on Knitty.com, but that's a bit heavy for what I'm looking for right now. Definitely in the future, though, especially if I do more work up in Santa Maria...oh, and I will still do a top down raglan...soon...but I have to find a nice cotton blend first, I think. Maybe some of the cotton cashmere...

No comments: