Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Wishes

So I figured up last night that in order to have the Knitted Stripes done by Christmas (109 days away), I will have to do at least three rows a day. If I do four rows a day, I could have it done before Thanksgiving. That is oddly motivating. Of course, four rows of 267 stitches each is still over a thousand stitches a day, but who's counting, right? I'll just have to put in some good music, or movies, or games. And four rows...I can totally work on other projects as well. Like the second mitten that I still haven't cast on. Or the Winter Night that has only has seven or so squares done. (On that note, if I do a square a day, which is actually less than what I was averaging in an evening working on the first Winter Night afghan, I'd be done before Halloween.)

I did go to the yarn shop yesterday, and have fallen totally in love with one of the Manos del Uruguay colorways. Well, okay, three of the colorways (Wildflower, Caribe, and a deep purple/red colorway that I can't find the name of). It's so expensive, though. $13-$16 for one skein! Ouch! No offense to Beck and 'Manda, but their baby boogas will probably not be made from that, as much as I would love to. I'll probably end up going online and getting KnitPicks' WotA for those. I love going to the yarn shop, but it's so much cheaper for me to buy things online. Sigh. Someday I'll be rich and will buy all the yarn I want. And if I don't have a project for it, I'll just look at it and admire how pretty it is. I'm also in love with Snuggly (don't remember the company) and Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. So soft...maybe after I get some of my holiday stuff done, I'll pick some up and do a shawl or wrap with it.

I think I'm becoming more of a yarn snob. Patons has some great colorways (no idea what I'd do with any of them, but they're pretty), but I was surprised to find myself thinking "Acrylic...eww, no...make something that color in wool or cotton..." even though most of my current projects are still acrylic or acrylic/wool blends. I think working with the Noro Kureyon on the first booga spoiled me. Now I want to do spit splices and such instead of annoying things like weaving ends in, or joining yarn, or...well, you get the idea.

No comments: