Monday, April 17, 2006

EZ as Pi

I'm doing the Knit Your Own Adventure Pi from that Yahoo group instead of Ene's Scarf. I'm using KnitPicks Shadow in Jewels - I've been planning on using it for a pi shawl, but it always seemed so intimidating. Getting the clues once a week makes it seem more manageable somehow. I've already done the first week's clue with Choice B. I can't wait to get next week's! If I have enough clues finished by the time my parents come out to visit, I will send the shawl back with them to give to my great-grandmother. She's so excited and supportive about my knitting, and it's worth it to give something extraordinary to her. I'm so nervous about screwing it up - I've already considered frogging it and redoing what I've done, just to be sure that it's perfect. It really looks fine, but I keep telling myself that now would be the time to frog it if I wanted to fix anything...

Finishing up the heel of the second Jaywalker tonight, I hope. I'm visiting Steve down in Fullerton for a couple days, and only have the Pi and the Jaywalker with me. I will try to use the rest of the week to finish up Jaywalker and the ribbing of the Raglan. I'm planning on getting home tomorrow, and my yarn for Rogue, plus my ball winder and all those goodies should be waiting for me, as well. Now if only Steve could come home with me...

Oh, and did I mention that on top of all my other goodies, I'm also getting a custom bag from Spunky Eclectic. I can't wait! Amy has been soo great to work with, helping me figure out exactly what I wanted and needed, and the mock up bag looks great! I highly recommend her!

No comments: