Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Resistance is futile...

I think my willpower went the way of Oliver! rehearsals. Seriously, I have none right now. As you know, I recently indulged at Knitting Warehouse.com. I bought a custom bag from Amy. Both of those were indulgences that I had been semi-planning for, so they are okay. (I've been drooling over Amy's bags for months now. Months, I say!) I innocently went to check her blog today, and she is starting a Sock of the Month club. I need sock yarn like I need a hole in my head. It takes me forever to make socks. I have enough yarn for EIGHT pairs of socks already. But for some reason, the lure of homespun and hand-dyed sock yarn in a surprise array of colours (she's doing Project Spectrum, so green is this month's...I love green...and blue is next month's...I love blue, too....) is just too tempting. I had to. Now I just have to learn to make socks faster. It would help if I would stop posting here and finish the heel that I totally messed up last night.

Oh, and yeah, the lack of willpower extends to other areas of my life, right now, as well. Brownies stand no chance. Particularly turtle brownies with walnuts and caramel. Steve asked if I could stay one more day and leave tomorrow. Of course, I can't say no to that, even if my box of Knitting Warehouse goodies is patiently waiting for me at home. This whole semi-vacation thing is getting to me, I think, I'm definitely losing it...

No comments: