Saturday, January 21, 2006

Knitting Olympics

I really want to do the Knitting Olympics over on The Yarn Harlot's blog. I'm seriously leaning toward the Lady as my Olympic project, both because I don't have any work going on during February (unless I choose to take some shop calls at South Coast Rep) and I want to get it done at least before summer, because I want to use the wrap for when the shows go to the outdoor theater in Solvang. (Of course, I get stuck with the last show of the summer there - again - so I'll be outside in October - again! It may be California, but it gets COLD there at night, even in July!) Of course, that means that I can't CO for it until February 16...can I wait that long?? I'm thinking that, if I decide to do it, I'll cast on for Ene's Scarf when I finish Danica. And, I only have 16 days to finish it. Definitely a challenge!

Also,
See, they're striping! How cool is that?! I'm going to start working the heels today, since I need to at least get a heel started before I take it to work on during the show tomorrow. Ugh. ONE MORE SHOW. Then I'm DONE with that godawful, godforsaken...Thing. I don't ever have to deal with that company again! And I'll have fun things like Oliver! and Dames at Sea to look forward to! And teaching/supervising! Steve's put in for an assistant design intern slot for the summer - I think his current school assignment (ASD for Timon of Athens) has resparked his love affair with designing, so that would be fun if he gets it. He has a pretty good shot - everyone up there who knows him loves him, and if they don't know him directly, they get smarmily wonderful reviews of him and his work- as long as they haven't closed hiring yet. This is assuming we aren't both in jail for making our roommates disappear - a jury of our peers would acquit us, seriously!

Gotta go start laundry. I was supposed to do it yesterday, but the Jaywalker dropped stitch got in my way and insisted I fix it first. Oops. Damn knitting. It talks way too loudly and too often sometimes.

No comments: