Monday, January 23, 2006

Whine! And cheese...

Next time, I'm going with my gut and doing the Jaywalkers toe-up. I suppose that commits me to doing another pair (hell, I have the yarn - and it just dawned on me that the KnitPicks' Simple Stripes in Vineyard would be fun for this), but I'm just really afraid of the sizing. I can just barely get them over my heel, and I'm so far and I don't want to frog them. I mean, I'm working on the heel flaps and I'm suddenly getting cold feet, as it were. Of course, I'll finish these. If for some reason, after washing and whatnot, they still don't fit me properly, maybe I'll send them to my mom. She has slightly smaller feet than me, although it's the width of the cuff going over the heel that is the problem, so that might not help at all. We'll see. I just don't want to break the yarn and have a "my god, my foot is so fat!" moment.

And, the cheese:

That's my Steve...it's a bit of an old pic, taken when we were both still working at PCPA. Actually, now that I think about it, it was taken before we even started dating, on a night the Involved just like to refer to as Tuesday. It involved Monopoly, pizza, being sprawled over various beds and sofas, and much alcohol consumption. (Read: I've never been so drunk - or so sick the next day - in my life!) However, one of my friends - also a Tuesday participant - just sent it to me, and I thought it was cute.

addendum: I just entered the Noro into my yarn inventory. I now have over 100 skeins/balls/hanks of yarn (119, to be exact, not counting previous project leftovers. Don't tell Steve!), which is kind of fun, but should I be worried that my yardage count now ends in 666 (28666 yds)? I hope the Noro, and thereby the Lady, isn't cursed already!

3 comments:

Amie said...

Oh, sweetie, if Steve gives you any smirks over that stash size, check out Shelia's count on LetsTalkStash.blogspot.com

She's well over 1500.....

Besides, you can always just tell him blogville thinks he's cute... that usually distracts guys long enough to completely change the subject...

KT said...

hmm...good advice! =)

zippiknits...sometimes said...

He is, too. Very cute. I love that curly hair!

Oh stash, what the heck. There's a cure you know. Never count!

Lella