Monday, January 23, 2006

Olympics

Now that the show is over....okay, I didn't really have a segue for that. I just wanted to say it. Ahhh....

A lot of people have been talking about the Knitting Olympics (see sidebar USA button for link) lately. I think it sounds like fun, but there are a lot of people who are making comments like "I don't want to drive myself crazy, I want to enjoy my knitting!" To me, that doesn't make any sense. I mean, yes, the challenge is to have your chosen project done in 16 days, and that's really fast (at least for me). But the world isn't going to fall apart, nor will I feel like I have failed if I don't get the Lady completely done in said time frame, particularly if I have to take time to spend with Steve or real life. Of course, I will try, because it's the challenge that makes it fun, and the fact that there are sooo many other knitters out there who will be giggling and posting and "what's your progressing?" for the whole time. I love it!

The Santa Anas are blowing and driving my allergies nuts, not to mention drying my skin, lips, and nose out. Ugh. But, it is 72 degrees and *sunny* in mid-January, so it's definitely not all bad. Gotta run to Goodwill and drop off some old clothes and shoes before Steve gets home. I at least have to make it *look* like I did something today. I did do a lot of Oliver! groundwork, though, so that's productive already!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love what you have to say about the "spirit" of the KO's. It's all about the challenge, for me, too. And the fun of actually overdosing on knitting? Could be priceless!

P.S. My Jaywalkers are giving me a hard time, too. I am too stubborn to give up, though. At least I think I am.