Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Woo, shows!

The Ring finally opened, thank God, and have one more rehearsal and one more performance left to live through before we close. Now, I love any kind of live performance. I consider myself very lucky that I have been able to turn a hobby into a career and make enough that I can live off of it. That's why it breaks my heart that not only am I no longer enjoying the opera, I don't want to do any more work for it. I've taken to screening my phone calls, as I have gotten as many as twenty five messages on my days off. I hate checking my work email now because there will be at least five messages there EVERY time I check it, and I check email SEVERAL times a day when I am home. And it's all petty stuff, because this company hasn't figured out how to just go straight to the person they really need to get the information to. But I only have to deal with these people two more times max. Yay!

And just to add to the light at the end of the tunnel, Chrissy gave me a call today. PCPA has changed their summer schedule a little. They're doing A Little Night Music instead of The Pajama Game and Much Ado About Nothing instead of The Merry Wives of Windsor now, which gives some bigger names to their summer season. (I LOVE Much Ado..., I think it's hysterical.) Chrissy is going to do Beauty and the Beast of course, since she did it for the holiday show, and she'll also do Night Music. I'm going to supervise the interns on Anna in the Tropics (I'll call the Marian run and the intern will call the Solvang run) and do Dames at Sea, which should be a lot of fun, considering it's the same director and choreographer I worked with on My Way. An intern will do Much Ado..., otherwise I'd totally swoop that up! And, of course, Oliver! starts rehearsals March 7. Apparently the director is a bit "intense", but I figure she can't be any worse than what I just went through. I cannot wait! Now I just have to get a place to live up there and get settled before March 7!

And, just say it, The Knitter's Handbook is amazing! I love it! Thanks Mom!

No comments: